Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Change of Lifestyle...

While I have some free time here in the hotel room, I wanted to bring you up-to-date on a major new development in our lives.

As you know, we have begun the process of building a new home. The foundation will be poured any day now, if it hasn't been already. We will live in our coach during the construction, approx. five months. We have moved from Scuffletown USA because of its location. It is about 10 miles to Ashley's but over 17 miles to my new workplace! That's right...BOB got a JOB! Who'd a thunk it? I am going back to work fulltime as a Business Systems Analyst at Infor Global Solutions, a software development company in Greenville. I start on January 28th. The new campground is Springwood RV Park and is about 12 miles to Ashley's home and only 3.5 miles to the Infor office.

When we "came off the road" in December MA and I decided that we both wanted to do some work. I was thinking that I would work approx. 4-6 months each year at the furniture selling that I have done occasionally. But, this opportunity to utilize some of the technical brainpower that I have (or at least USED to have) presented itself...completely out of the blue sky. I HAD to follow the lead and interviewed on two separate occasions. I came away with a VERY favorable impression of the company, its direction, my potential contribution and my fellow workers. Yesterday, they made a formal offer and today, I accepted! Please keep me in your prayers as I adapt to the personal discipline of having a SCHEDULE to keep.